It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ASFM remembered.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 am 
spectre

Have thanks: 2 time
Despite me not having a microphone and the fact my reviews aren't very good I would gladly help complete what he started. He influenced my writing vastly since I've seen his reviews. I think a lot of fellow reviewers have learnt many writing techniques from Fatman. So as Sexbad said, I think it's time we put it into practice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm 
demon

Have thanks: 0 time
Sexbad wrote:
weldon29 wrote:
Maybe you guys should do the reviews for him.

With pleasure. It's probably what he would have wanted us to do, and it's what I decided to take on minutes after I heard that he had died. I mean, I won't do the reviews for him, but definitely with his influence on me in mind.

Up until now, I had a mentor who always helped me out and taught me amazing things. Now I guess it's time to take the training wheels off and keep on practicing without them (such happens time to time in life). Who's with me?

Well, I reviewed Arkham City.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 pm 
former human

Hi guys, Stephens mum here. Thank you for all the tributes. It means a lot to me and my family. It's comforting to know that he meant so much to you all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 pm 
imp

Sexbad wrote:
weldon29 wrote:
Maybe you guys should do the reviews for him.

With pleasure. .... Who's with me?

I am! I just started writing for NGN (thanks to this forum), but I'd also like to do a few tribute reviews on those games that are on asfm's 'todo' list. I realize that he probably already wrote his review for Limbo (here's wishing it would be posted sometime), but I've been playing Limbo for the first time, aware that asfm hated it, and I think I'll do a tribute review of it anyway.

Dibs on limbo!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 pm 
simplest of beards

Have thanks: 7 time
I was considering halting my reviews as I just don't have enough time to do them, but without Fatman now it seems it's what the internet needs. I will take part in this reviewing rejuvenation... although I already technically have been... but I will continue to do so indefinitely now!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:52 pm 
revenant

janot wrote:
Hi guys, Stephens mum here. Thank you for all the tributes. It means a lot to me and my family. It's comforting to know that he meant so much to you all.

I can't say I know what you must be going through but what I will say is that I hope you and your family the best through this difficult time and that I want to thank you for giving the world this awesome guy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm 
foreskin enthusiast

Have thanks: 75 time
Huskeyyyyy wrote:
janot wrote:

thank you for giving the world this awesome guy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 am 
imp

im ready and willing to do some reviews in commemoration of Stephen (raises hand as well) if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have gotten into PC gaming in the first place

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:16 pm 
former human

janot wrote:

I'd hug you if I could. You brought us one of the most caring and intelligent human beings I've had the supreme pleasure of having known. Thank you for all you've done.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm 
Hitler Shitlord Babitz

Have thanks: 124 time
This was really unexpected...
Personally, I didn't know Stephen all that well and often times I would disagree on some of the points he raised, but he was a good and insightful reviewer nevertheless. Gaming journalism wouldn't be such shit if more people were like him.

I will miss our steam conversations.
Rest in piece, Stephen. My condolences to the family.

Ceterum censeo Kotaku delendam esse.

Page 2 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next