It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ASFM remembered.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:49 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
hell, i'll pitch in some reviews. i'll do alpha protocol when i'm done switching computers. Maybe, we can continue doing reviews in his style that on games that he would have done. if so, i have a few ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 pm 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 1 time
I'm not sure how soon I'd be capable of video reviews, but I'd like to review Fallout and Arcanum.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm 
mancubus

Have thanks: 4 time
ovwerpoweredginger wrote:
Maybe, we can continue doing reviews in his style that on games that he would have done.

Why would we want to do that? Why not developing your own style knowing that asfm had a strong influence in that regard? I doubt that he would have wanted us to imitate him. Reviews are about one's own opinion after all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:04 pm 
former human

Have thanks: 0 time
Okay I am kicking myself for not joining this forum earlier.I feel compelled to do so now.ASFM was the best.To his mother....thank you so much for raising such a fantastic son.Indeed he has taught me a great deal of things not just in games but in life and the way I talk to people.I only knew Stephen for 8 months.He changed me.The first thing I would do when I got home from school was check my one subscription....to know I cannot do that anymore is heart-breaking to say the least.For all it's worth.....thank you so much and I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 am 
former human

I can't believe this shit--just when he made a community site and had respectable followers.

Rest in peace, man. You will not be forgotten in a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 am 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
Gnarrkhaz wrote:
ovwerpoweredginger wrote:
Maybe, we can continue doing reviews in his style that on games that he would have done.

Why would we want to do that? Why not developing your own style knowing that asfm had a strong influence in that regard? I doubt that he would have wanted us to imitate him. Reviews are about one's own opinion after all.

by style i mainly mean depth. take any of his reviews, and you'll see that he takes issue and lavishes it with in-depth analyses. that (and his accent) to me, made up his style. that made him unique. I say we take on that role, now that he can't. there's a difference between imitation and inspiration.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 pm 
former human

I always loved ASFM's reviews, from the first time I stumbled across his Bloodlines review on Youtube and thought to myself that no other reviewer had ever managed to describe the game's strengths and weaknesses as neatly as he did. ASFM was an extremely intelligent and well informed person, and it was always a pleasure to watch his reviews, even when I disagreed with them. Rest in peace.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:12 am 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 13 time
WE could do reviews, DEDICATED to him, but not us speaking what his opinion was (or what we think it would be).
An example is Sexbad''s Rock of Ages review. before the review starts the first 16 seconds is a ASFM memorial text page.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 am 
simplest of beards

Have thanks: 7 time
I don't go back to any games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 am 
bran the barn owl

Have thanks: 235 time
simplebluebeard wrote:
I don't go back to any games.

Wrong thread?

Also, you don't play most of them the first time!

Page 3 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next