It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Best Fight Scenes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 pm 
Hitler Shitlord Babitz

Have thanks: 124 time
The only realistic thing in both of your favorite fights is that in the 4th one the fight ended on the ground and Batou got his ankle locked.

Ceterum censeo Kotaku delendam esse.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:45 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
Babitz wrote:
The only realistic thing in both of your favorite fights is that in the 4th one the fight ended on the ground and Batou got his ankle locked.

In the second fight the way the weapons broke and how people received injuries was very realistic. Now I know you could argue that spears are impractical weapons to fight with and they shouldn't be using them at all but that's fairly close to how a battle would be fought with them. It's obviously exaggerated in some ways, as all fight scenes are but the way improvised weapons are used and the way people don't instantly recover is realistic. Battle experts will atest to that.

With regards to the other fight, taking into account the fact that they are both cyborg, it's pretty dam realistic. It started off with kick boxing(mostly boxing) as most real fights do before quickly going to the ground. There's a number of other reasons why I like the fight as well though. The Terminator 2 nod being one of them but it was about as realistic as they could get it without it being boring.

The first fight I mentioned is definitely the best choreographed though. The film itself is mediocre though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 am 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
Okay so my older and wiser self is going to amend my original inclusions with better stuff, because the forum could use great exuberance

Page 4 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4