It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 6 of 8 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:33 pm 
spectre

Have thanks: 34 time
Spoiler:
The end kinda left me hanging. Unless I'm missing something, we don't know exactly what made him change his mind and turn back. There was a shot on the ring, but what does it mean exactly? And then he talks about the money he could have gotten away with. What's the link here? What made him think that at that moment? I understand that the death of his buddy and other factors played in his decision, but what exactly at this moment made him turn back? What made the balance shift right on the parking, what was he thinking? Is it that he suddenly doesn't want to work his *** off as a lawyer?

Well see you next year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:18 pm 
pain elemental

Have thanks: 48 time
Not the biggest fan of this one. The heart attack was ridiculously convenient and his change of heart at the end was too sudden. He pretty much just shat on the opportunity to legitimately make millions of dollars, have a comfortable life AND stick it to Chuck for the sake of being dishonest.

It felt like they just rushed his arc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:34 am 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
Spoiler:
What made him turn back is that he was doing the whole lawyer thing to get the approval of his brother which he is never going to get. This is what made him try to do the right thing not taking the million dollars. He also didnt take the job out of pride.

Fantastic show!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:48 am 
revenant

Have thanks: 74 time
Thanks for the explanation Lyra lol. I didn't really see that when I watched it.

But even so, I still agree with Proust. It felt contrived to me. I just couldn't really empathize with him so I could believe that he'd actually make that decision, unlike in BB when Gus offers Walt the big bucks and part of me is like YEAH WALT and the other part is like NO WALT. Like in a scary movie (I'm guessing, lol I actually have only seen Woman in Black which apparently isn't that scary?) when you want the person to open the scary door but also don't want them to.

I think BCS lacks the surface plot to excite viewers that BB had. It's slow. I don't feel as absorbed in Saul's past as I think I should feel. Instead, I'm itching itching itching to just rush through and see how he ends up owning his criminal practice lol. I know that's part of the point since it's a prequel, but it's not a good balance for me right now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:07 am 
pain elemental

Have thanks: 48 time
[quote="lyra"]
Spoiler:
What made him turn back is that he was doing the whole lawyer thing to get the approval of his brother which he is never going to get. This is what made him try to do the right thing not taking the million dollars. He also didnt take the job out of pride.

Fantastic show!!! :D

Wouldn't making partner at another (presumably quite large) firm while still taking 20% of HHM's profits during the case be a terrific way to shove Chuck's nose in the dirt? He was going with the idea right until he realized he didn't take the million dollars, thus turning his back on far more than a million dollars.

I don't get the whole "pride" thing here. He fully admitted he wished he'd ripped off the state and took the money, and he'd rather start from scratch in his own shitty law practice than take the much better position that he rightfully earned. Maybe working with Chuck is too much to bear, but fucking yourself over that hard does not befit someone as smart as Jimmy. Especially taking into account the fact that his ego had little to no part in his conduct up to that point, it was absolutely jarring.

It wasn't a bad episode, but that finale was rushed as ****.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:23 am 
baron of hell

why dont you use the spoiler tags peeps?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:57 am 
baron of hell

Spoiler:
Working at a big law firm just isnt him, remember what his friend said when he left to clean up his act, its like watching miles davis give up the trumpet.

@grace I actually like that the show is slower paced and more nunanced in its themes as opposed to breaking bads epin action scenes, characters yelling *****, cliffhangers and tearjerker cancer plot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 74 time
[quote="lyra"]
Spoiler:
Working at a big law firm just isnt him, remember what his friend said when he left to clean up his act, its like watching miles davis give up the trumpet.

@grace I actually like that the show is slower paced and more nunanced in its themes as opposed to breaking bads epin action scenes, characters yelling *****, cliffhangers and tearjerker cancer plot.

idk if it's more nuanced. I feel like BB went just as deep with the themes while also doing plot, but since there was a c00l plot to follow, you didn't have to concentrate on the characters and themes, the stuff between the lines.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:38 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 246 time
I think I liked this first season more than the first season of Breaking Bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
I watched the BCS finale and the BB finale both last night. Both were excellent.

Page 6 of 8 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next