It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 49 of 50 [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking News
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:46 pm 
supreme adder

Have thanks: 249 time
I dunno. Bego's still going.

theadder has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:38 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 498 time
lyra wrote:
Dont you have enough adults playing games over there? How come you havn't changed this classification yet? get dat democracy working

It used to be a hilarious system. They would get "neutral" grandmas to watch other people play these games. :lol: It's a lot better by now, imho, there really isn't anything that gets censored other than Nazi symbolism. The times of censoring violence in videogames are gone, for the most part. The reason why the Nazi symbolism law hasn't been changed is the fact that the very same law also protects us from irl Neonazi culture, e.g. Neonazi music and so on. It's hard to reason why certain imagery and Propaganda is okay in one and not the other. I know everyone with two functioning brainhalves sees the difference, but it seems really hard to formulate that in a law that can't be abused because ultimately, things like irony/humour (e.g. Swastikas in the Southpark videogame) vs. serious Propaganda (Neonazi music) are sort of open to interpretation.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?
Begogian has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 am 
Audrey Horne

Begogian wrote:
lyra wrote:
Dont you have enough adults playing games over there? How come you havn't changed this classification yet? get dat democracy working

It used to be a hilarious system. They would get "neutral" grandmas to watch other people play these games. :lol: It's a lot better by now, imho, there really isn't anything that gets censored other than Nazi symbolism. The times of censoring violence in videogames are gone, for the most part. The reason why the Nazi symbolism law hasn't been changed is the fact that the very same law also protects us from irl Neonazi culture, e.g. Neonazi music and so on. It's hard to reason why certain imagery and Propaganda is okay in one and not the other. I know everyone with two functioning brainhalves sees the difference, but it seems really hard to formulate that in a law that can't be abused because ultimately, things like irony/humour (e.g. Swastikas in the Southpark videogame) vs. serious Propaganda (Neonazi music) are sort of open to interpretation.

Oh yeah, just one small addition: Swastikas and Hitler in movies, documentaries, and art are AOK, here. It's just that legally, games aren't considered art, so they don't have any extra art-protection. They're, by German law, toys. Toys are for young people and young need to be protected. That's the logic behind it. So yeah, games don't have the art-protection and while Neonazi music technically does have some art protection (which is the reason why it requires a bit more work to censor and ban a piece of Nazi art, although we get the job done in the end), it's also irl nasty and does not comply with constitutional law. So in the end, both get tested by the same institution, censored, but for different reasons.

Last edited by Begogian on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:22 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
System Shock 2 is FREE on GOG!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately you have to download the GOG client to claim the game, but afterwards you don't need it to run the game. You can still download the DRM-free version from the website (at least that's what it appears like, I don't have time right now to test it myself).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:10 pm 
Audrey Horne

Yeah, there's also a huge Summer Sale on Gog with daily additions.

On another note: there's new Deus Ex/Watch Dogs2/Horizon Zero Dawn (what a stupid title) footage around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:18 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
Begogian wrote:
Yeah, there's also a huge Summer Sale on Gog with daily additions.

Yes, I saw it too. It's a shame that GOG games prices don't get as low as Steam's.
(But then again, GOG has only the higher quality games, so their default price is higher, and as a result it's higher the price after the sale as well. Yet I still think Steam makes better sales. Of course, that doesn't mean that GOG isn't worth checking out for sales, but rarely do games go below 1 Euro, unlike Steam, where that happens regularly).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:33 pm 
Audrey Horne

Gog used to be a really really great place back when the Euro was a stronger currency about 2-3 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 49 time
Begogian wrote:
Watch Dogs2

LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:14 pm 
Audrey Horne

ahah one guy got the joke. i'll be here all week folks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:38 pm 
Audrey Horne

Tides of Numenera delayed to Q1 2017

Page 49 of 50 [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next