It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:26 am

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!





 Page 3 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:46 am 
revenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 am
Posts: 987
Has thanked: 54 time
Have thanks: 54 time
overpoweredginger wrote:
Last I checked, homosexuality wasn't indigenous to Japan.

Yup.Surprisingly, it is still a big taboo in Japan.
In fact, I think sex in general is still a taboo. I think that's why Japanese people including myself are not sexually active at all.



_________________
How to Win an Argument (When You Know You Are Wrong)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:12 am 
hell knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 2147
Location: Narnia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Beef Wellington wrote:
Yup.Surprisingly, it is still a big taboo in Japan.
In fact, I think sex in general is still a taboo. I think that's why Japanese people including myself are not sexually active at all.

There was actually quite an interesting article that I was reading in the the observer a few week's back regarding Japan's general lack of people getting it on with one another. It's mildly funny how this can be the case yet from the outside looking in Japan gives the impression that it's equally, if not more perverse then other countries, but then again it's almost impossible to judge a country based on it's output or based upon the experiences and stories of others.



_________________
❤ (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿) ❤ SPECIAL LOVE EDITION ❤ (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿) ❤
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 am 
cacodemon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 pm
Posts: 328
Has thanked: 51 time
Have thanks: 11 time









These two tracks are off of David Grohl's solo album under the pseudonym Late!

These are the two tracks that are covered the most ( or at least color picture of a marigold has ), but the album as a whole is pretty decent. It has an interesting history; He was recording marigold while Curt Cobain was asleep in the next room, which is why the lyrics are so softly sung. Friend of a friend is sort of about his first impressions of Curt and Novoselic. He didn't really know them very well yet, and it really gets across his feelings of isololation during that first period.



_________________
"I'm young. I'll grow out of it."
— Young Neil
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm 
Audrey Horne
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 am
Posts: 7564
Has thanked: 502 time
Have thanks: 499 time
theadder wrote:
I don't really know what it is.

All the anime isn't a good sign, though.

They're good, though.



_________________
I AM AUDREY HORNE

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:08 pm 
hell knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 2345
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 427 time
Have thanks: 246 time


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:26 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 6027
Location: Your Mother's Basement
Has thanked: 121 time
Have thanks: 207 time
^-what he said



_________________
"I'm like an escalator because I can never break; I can only become stairs." - Mitch Hedberg
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 pm 
revenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 am
Posts: 987
Has thanked: 54 time
Have thanks: 54 time
Koopsas wrote:
Beef Wellington wrote:
Yup.Surprisingly, it is still a big taboo in Japan.
In fact, I think sex in general is still a taboo. I think that's why Japanese people including myself are not sexually active at all.

There was actually quite an interesting article that I was reading in the the observer a few week's back regarding Japan's general lack of people getting it on with one another. It's mildly funny how this can be the case yet from the outside looking in Japan gives the impression that it's equally, if not more perverse then other countries, but then again it's almost impossible to judge a country based on it's output or based upon the experiences and stories of others.


Yeah, I actually read that same article once before as well.

While the article is spot on that fact that women losing their chances of getting promotion after getting married; I think there are some other factors.

For one thing, Japanese people don't move out after high school. I know it is normal in the States, and I'm assuming also most of Europe, for the kid to leave his or her home after becoming an adult; in Japan though, it is normal (and often even encouraged) to stay at home until you get married.
But the problem with that is, it kind of makes it impossible to like, bring home a guy or girl at night to bone. Not only that, but because many Japanese people live in small apartments or old houses; they often usually share and sleep on the floor (Tatami) with either their siblings or parents.
So how are you ever going to find someone to marry if you can't bone them first? Sure you could get motels; but that just adds another obstacle.

I also think there is generally less time to date as well. While I think Americans workers work just as hard as Japanese workers in terms of productivity; I feel like Japanese students are busier in their day to day life in contrast to American students in both high school and college. I feel like Japanese people just miss their prime years of boning.

But yeah, I think generally Japanese people are just as preserve as everyone else. It is not like there is any race that is more or less interested in sex. They may say "they are not interested," but they're just lying. Everyone wants to bone.



_________________
How to Win an Argument (When You Know You Are Wrong)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 pm 
hell knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 2345
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 427 time
Have thanks: 246 time
You can take me to a motel if you want


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 pm 
revenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 am
Posts: 987
Has thanked: 54 time
Have thanks: 54 time
。◕‿◕。

Yes



_________________
How to Win an Argument (When You Know You Are Wrong)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone here listen to Alternative/indie rock?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:13 am 
hell knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 2345
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 427 time
Have thanks: 246 time
I expect my payment in bitcoins.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron

suspicion-preferred