It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 21 of 22 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doom
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:45 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 498 time
I come for you guys. ahah forever alone :cry:

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 am 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
You're here forever peeps

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:54 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
Has laifuthegreat's account actually been deleted? I'm sure he would have cooled off not long after that tirade went on, and eventually came back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:46 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
You don't have to delete your account to not come back to the forum, you know...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:19 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
We should make this forum alive again.
Let's explode the bomb and argue about the Stanley Parable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:07 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 498 time
ahah I totally forgot about that particular clusterfuck. I was involved in so many since then, I can't keep track :lol:

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:59 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
Seeing as this is a Doom thread, I thought I'd comment on some of the later part of sexbad's video, that Chris couldn't make it as far as. What he said about the Revenants was true to an extent. What he said about the Archvilles was half true, but unnecessary to being up, as they should just be treated as different enemies. What he said about the Mancubi was pure garbage. He stated that they're not as well implemented as in the original games, and didn't explain why. There were occasions in the original games where they were well used, but other cases where they were cheaply implemented. One key example being in Doom 2, when you press a switch and a wall opens behind you, revealing a lot of them. You have little time to react, and little space to move around when you do, so you'll almost definitely be killed on your first attempt, if not subsequent ones. This sort of thing doesn't happen much in the base games, but it does happen. It happens a very good deal in Final Doom, and is one of the reasons why that's fairly ****. I don't think I ever noticed anything cheap about them in Doom 4. They weren't a very versatile enemy, but they more than served their purpose. It's a swarm shooter. Individual enemies don't need to be that well designed. It's the challenge they all present, through strength in numbers, where the fun comes from. That's actually why the early parts of the game weren't so good. They only threw a few enemies at you, and a few types. I find the hitscan enemies and those that throw homing blobs at you(that even home around fucking walls) in Serious Sam, far more annoying than anything in Doom 4.

I don't think the review is as bad as Chris made out, and I didn't think his language was as flowery and pompous as various other reviewers I've come across, like Adam Sessler, Allosaurus Rex or Razorfist. Or even some members of this forum for that matter. But I don't think anyone should base their decision on whether they should purchase the game or not, on it. A lot of his subscribers, tend to really lick his ***. At least that's what I've noticed from the comments on his videos.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:26 am 

Oh my god the fucking Stanley Parable thread

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:59 am 
hell knight

Have thanks: 246 time
I don't even remember the stanley parable thread.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:34 pm 

Neither did I until I looked it up. Jesus Christ what a mess that was.

And giglamesh, I think you completely missed the point of sexbad's critique (at least based on your post). Granted the biggest flaw in his video was that he didn't emphasize his point enough (or even clearly articulate it until ~11" in tbh) but still. You're missing the forest for the trees, buddy.

Page 21 of 22 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next