It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 9 of 11 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: DWterminator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:11 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 169 time
Jallerman569 wrote:
Now everyone is saying hi, hey can anyone tell Gilgamesh about the post I did this month about the making a video?

I saw that post but I don't really see the point in making a video about him. There are lots of reviewers that I despise. I don't feel the need to make videos about them all. I don't dislike DWterminator strongly enough to do anything like that. I appreciate the sentiment though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:44 pm 
imp

Have thanks: 0 time
Gilgamesh wrote:
Jallerman569 wrote:
Now everyone is saying hi, hey can anyone tell Gilgamesh about the post I did this month about the making a video?

I saw that post but I don't really see the point in making a video about him. There are lots of reviewers that I despise. I don't feel the need to make videos about them all. I don't dislike DWterminator strongly enough to do anything like that. I appreciate the sentiment though.

Ok, that's fine with me. *no sarcasm intended* But what other reviewers that you dislike? Well besides the T-800 that doesn't like anything besides Mass Effect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 pm 
bran the barn owl

Have thanks: 235 time
Welcome back Jallerman569

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:08 pm 
foreskin enthusiast

Have thanks: 75 time
There's some asshole called antisocialfatman I just can't stand most of the time. Maybe he'll satiate your appetite.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:38 pm 
VIP Member

Jallerman569 wrote:

Ok, that's fine with me. *no sarcasm intended* But what other reviewers that you dislike? Well besides the T-800 that doesn't like anything besides Mass Effect.

I think it's best you just check out the worst reviews thread. There's far too many to just list. If you want another specifically, there's razorfist. Have you seen any of his videos?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:08 am 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
Sexbad wrote:
satiate your appetite.
That's gonna end well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 am 
imp

Gilgamesh wrote:
Jallerman569 wrote:

I think it's best you just check out the worst reviews thread. There's far too many to just list. If you want another specifically, there's razorfist. Have you seen any of his videos?

No I haven't

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:05 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
Personally, I like DWTerminator.

It is true that in some of his reviews, he looks biased towards a game, and he may give a negative score , just because he doesn't like one aspect of it.
Once he finds a flaw, he focuses on that, and completely forgets everything else.

On the other hand however, he is one of the few hardcore PC reviewers that exist around YouTube, and that give reviews on a constant rate.
There is also LGR (who is great and very informative), but he always likes the games he plays. He doesn't say a game is bad, unless it's so bad that it can't be proven otherwise. So he rarely gives a personal opinion.

DWTerminator on the other hand, at least gives an honest opinion, even if this opinion may be bizarre sometimes.

He is also an experienced RPG player, so when it comes to RPGs I trust his opinion a lot.

In general, I find myself more times agreeing with him in the games than disagreeing.

I have agreed with him on STALKER: SOC (even though I actually like the game, I understand why he hated the game that much), Half Life 2 (he said it's a great game, but far from "the best PC game ever made"), Crysis, Mirror's Edge etc.

I have disagreed with him on Bioshock (which he likes) and Deus Ex Invisible War (which he doesn't like). I don't remember anything else.

In general though, I like the guy. Also, 99.9 % of the time he always replies on the comments you leave on him. I have never seen another popular YouTuber being so responsible in replying comments.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:29 pm 
VIP Member

He can't review properly though. He just rambles on about the games and rarely seems to say anything of substance about them. He pumps out a shit load of videos but it would probably be better if he done less of them and focused more on properly discussing the games he did review.

He does reply to most posts alright. That is something I appreciate. At least he doesn't seem to deem himself above everyone else, like several other reviewers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 am 
imp

alerommel wrote:
Personally, I like DWTerminator.
In general though, I like the guy. Also, 99.9 % of the time he always replies on the comments you leave on him. I have never seen another popular YouTuber being so responsible in replying comments.

It's kinda a problem sometimes because some people would like to waste his time, and if someone is being reasonable about his review and a big disagreement and he goes kinda ape s**t on them and kinda say that his opinion is fact, which it isn't really and can act like a dingus. Just saying.

Page 9 of 11 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next