It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:32 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 11 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: DWterminator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:39 am 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 171 time
Has anyone checked out this guys reviews. They are fairly good. His reviews of Oblivion and Halo 3 are quite accurate. He'd done shitloads of reviews. He's no Fatman, but I think he's better than most you tube reviewers.

Post subject: Re: DWterminator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:41 am 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 7 time
Yes, I've been subbed to him for a while. He always pops up when searching for a review. He's pretty good, though I can't remember any specific, some reviews lack depth. But considering the amount of reviews and the rate of production, you can't expect top quality stuff every time, as you said, he's no Fatman.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 pm 
VIP Member

TheFamousDrScanlon wrote:
Yes, I've been subbed to him for a while. He always pops up when searching for a review. He's pretty good, though I can't remember any specific, some reviews lack depth. But considering the amount of reviews and the rate of production, you can't expect top quality stuff every time, as you said, he's no Fatman.

Im just after watching his Arkham Asylum review now, and find it to be pretty bad. It's like he didn't understand the mechanics of the game at all, and judging by the footage, he seemed to be terrible at the game. He just seemed to not have a clue what he was talking about much at all, with that game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 pm 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 0 time
He has a number of awful reviews (specific examples would be his reviews of Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life 2). I don't think he writes his reviews, which leads to a good deal of rambling and filler. He will claim that's he's going to address a certain point later in the video (he frequently uses the phrase "but I'll get to that in a minute," which is a pretty awful way of organizing things to begin with) and never actually covers them. Some statements on his part have been remarkably stupid, and he revealed himself to be pitifully juvenile in a video where he threatened to give Skyrim a low score because so many fans of the game were asking about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kOar0df ... ideo_title . He clearly doesn't value giving games a fair chance by trying to objectively gather facts about them before giving out scores. I also find the way he inflects and overemphasizes phrases when he gets angry to be very obnoxious. I've requested two reviews from him, and his response to the last request was pissy and pretentious. He was annoyed that I hadn't checked his shitty website (which I didn't know existed) for review requests people had sent in. Ultimately, I really dislike him. He doesn't seem intelligent, and he very obviously lets his emotions and lack of skill (with regards to certain games) affect the scores he gives out. I'm pretty sure he made this Team Fortress 2 review while in a state of frustration after playing like shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mIX4sA2 ... ideo_title .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 499 time
His "writing" is pretty bad, but he made a solid Gothic review (about some things I completely disagree, but nonetheless, it's a pretty "fair" review considering other American reviews of it).
His TF2 review is absolutely HORRIBLE. He actually uses words like "craptastic". It actually made me stop watching any of his other reviews. The stuff he says about the "upgraded" weapons is so WRONG, I thought he was being ironic!

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 499 time
farras101 wrote:
Some statements on his part have been remarkably stupid, and he revealed himself to be pitifully juvenile in a video where he threatened to give Skyrim a low score because so many fans of the game were asking about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kOar0df ... ideo_title .

Basically, he told people to send him a copy of Skyrim, if you read between the lines. Now *that's* just ... low.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 pm 
VIP Member

Yeah, Ive looked through some more of his reviews. A lot of them are very thinly sketched and poorly written. There are a few that I find to be genuinely good though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 pm 
cacodemon

Check out this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INDITWXV_pw . Watching/listening to this shit makes me miss fatman a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 pm 
revenant

I've tried watching his reviews in the past without bashing my forehead on the table.
It hasn't worked.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:02 pm 
revenant

Also, I find his whiny voice irritating.
I know that's incredibly ignorant to say and not fair at all, but it's so whiny!

Page 1 of 11 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next