It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 am

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!





 Page 1 of 24 [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:19 pm 
VIP Member

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 11078
Has thanked: 74 time
Have thanks: 169 time
What moments stand out to you as being the most memorable moments in film? Mine are the following

The Good , the bad and the Ugly showdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP9cfQx2 ... re=related

Once Uopn a Time in the West Showdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eHRK6zV ... re=related

Unforgiven showdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SO5VO2ixWY

Oldboy hallway fight scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA

The protector restaraount fight scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM2atZfn ... re=related

Hard Boiled hospital shootout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bozxgVQ9m0

Apocalypse now Colonel Kurtz' monologue - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NwvO1UxN8

and of course this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8K87H3T1UU



_________________
always wondered why people never use their strongest attack first
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:58 pm 
Audrey Horne
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 am
Posts: 7552
Has thanked: 497 time
Have thanks: 492 time
I adore the end monologue in Annie Hall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-M3Q2zhGd4
I like the moment in Annie Hall when Woody Allen talks to the audience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIYz8tfGjY ("key word is indulgent"... haha) great scene
The moment in Cuckoo's nest when the Indian says "I feel as big as a mountain" and then "Let's go" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfHe9TJfws
Memento's ending.
Don Vito Corleone putting an orange in his mouth when playing with his grandson. Brando's acting is just so perfect.
The shot at the very end of Taxi Driver in which you see the hallway in which he has been fighting from above. I believe it's right after De Niro putting his finger on his temple.
The phone call shot in Taxi Driver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bukPGph2ec

to be edited


Last edited by Begogian on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.


_________________
I AM AUDREY HORNE

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:17 pm 
VIP Member

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 11078
Has thanked: 74 time
Have thanks: 169 time
Bego wrote:
I adore the end monologue in Annie Hall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-M3Q2zhGd4
I like the moment in Annie Hall when Woody Allen talks to the audience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIYz8tfGjY ("key word is indulgent"... haha) great scene
The moment in Cuckoo's nest when the Indian says "I feel as big as a mountain" and then "Let's go" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfHe9TJfws
Memento's ending.
Don Vito Corleone putting an orange in his mouth when playing with his grandson. Brando's acting is just so perfect.
The shot at the very end of Taxi Driver in which you see the hallway he has been shooting from above. I believe it's right after De Niro putting his finger on his temple.
The phone call shot in Taxi Driver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bukPGph2ec

to be edited

That Cuckoo's Nest scene you mentioned is indeed brilliant. That film probably has the best ending out of any film ever.



_________________
always wondered why people never use their strongest attack first
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:22 pm 
Audrey Horne
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 am
Posts: 7552
Has thanked: 497 time
Have thanks: 492 time
gilgamesh wrote:
Bego wrote:
I adore the end monologue in Annie Hall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-M3Q2zhGd4
I like the moment in Annie Hall when Woody Allen talks to the audience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIYz8tfGjY ("key word is indulgent"... haha) great scene
The moment in Cuckoo's nest when the Indian says "I feel as big as a mountain" and then "Let's go" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfHe9TJfws
Memento's ending.
Don Vito Corleone putting an orange in his mouth when playing with his grandson. Brando's acting is just so perfect.
The shot at the very end of Taxi Driver in which you see the hallway he has been shooting from above. I believe it's right after De Niro putting his finger on his temple.
The phone call shot in Taxi Driver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bukPGph2ec

to be edited

That Cuckoo's Nest scene you mentioned is indeed brilliant. That film probably has the best ending out of any film ever.

Yes. I'm a big fan of Miloš Forman, btw. This guy didn't make a single bad film. Have you seen more of Forman's films and what's your opinion on them?



_________________
I AM AUDREY HORNE

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:25 pm 
Audrey Horne
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 am
Posts: 7552
Has thanked: 497 time
Have thanks: 492 time
I'm not going to edit, I'm just going to continue posting videos (nobody notices edited posts):
The cafeteria scene in Heat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTNNjRuqbE
The shootout in Heat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

For everyone who's interested: Here's an excerpt of the Taxi Driver making of where you see the hallway scene I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1F1bks ... re=related



_________________
I AM AUDREY HORNE

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:42 pm 
VIP Member

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 11078
Has thanked: 74 time
Have thanks: 169 time
Bego wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:
Bego wrote:
I adore the end monologue in Annie Hall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-M3Q2zhGd4
I like the moment in Annie Hall when Woody Allen talks to the audience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIYz8tfGjY ("key word is indulgent"... haha) great scene
The moment in Cuckoo's nest when the Indian says "I feel as big as a mountain" and then "Let's go" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfHe9TJfws
Memento's ending.
Don Vito Corleone putting an orange in his mouth when playing with his grandson. Brando's acting is just so perfect.
The shot at the very end of Taxi Driver in which you see the hallway he has been shooting from above. I believe it's right after De Niro putting his finger on his temple.
The phone call shot in Taxi Driver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bukPGph2ec

to be edited

That Cuckoo's Nest scene you mentioned is indeed brilliant. That film probably has the best ending out of any film ever.

Yes. I'm a big fan of Miloš Forman, btw. This guy didn't make a single bad film. Have you seen more of Forman's films and what's your opinion on them?


I haven't actually seen asny of his other films :oops:



_________________
always wondered why people never use their strongest attack first
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:23 pm 
mancubus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 1752
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 4 time




shitty movie but great scene:


00:00 - 4:57:


Numerous scenes from Predator.
Like the helicopter scene

or this one: (screw Terminator 2, Predator was first!)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:38 pm 
VIP Member

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 11078
Has thanked: 74 time
Have thanks: 169 time
Gnarrkhaz wrote:




shitty movie but great scene:


00:00 - 4:57:


Numerous scenes from Predator.
Like the helicopter scene

or this one: (screw Terminator 2, Predator was first!)

Of all the Rocky films, you pick the 5th one!



_________________
always wondered why people never use their strongest attack first
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 pm 
mancubus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 1752
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 4 time
gilgamesh wrote:
Of all the Rocky films, you pick the 5th one!


It's the worst movie of all of them but the scene is great.

But i guess posting it here is a bit of a stretch. It's not that important to me what movie moments are concerned.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: favourite film moments ever
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:42 am 
VIP Member

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 11078
Has thanked: 74 time
Have thanks: 169 time
I should have also included this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876CZk5r7IM

AL Pacino's acting is pretty much perfect here too. His constant rotating of eyes is really believable.



_________________
always wondered why people never use their strongest attack first
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 24 [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


suspicion-preferred