It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Joseph Anderson
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:39 am 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 498 time
This guy is fantastic. He made an excellent Fallout 4 analysis and the rest of his content (afais) is all-hit and no miss. He made a very long Dark souls analysis (gilgamesh seems to enjoy those imo) as well as critiques on games like Diablo 3, Dungeon Keeper, F3/F:NV, etc.

here's the playlist https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyhnYI ... xQQ/videos

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

Post subject: Re: Joseph Anderson
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:52 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 246 time
His Hearthstone is video is absolutely spot on too.

That video explains why multiplayer gaming is going to ****.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:36 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
Oh my god, he's talking about ludonarrative dissonance. In 2015. And he doesn't even know what it means.

Youtube is the worst thing to happen to video games.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:29 pm 
Audrey Horne

have you actually listened to that paragraph or did just pause after he dropped the word? I don't even know what "in 2015" is supposed to mean. did you understand any of this? do you know what that word is supposed to mean even?
12:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:33 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
I think he is parodying my opinion/attitude towards the concept, or that of people who share it XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:51 pm 
Audrey Horne

ahah possibly. I missed that parody entirely, in that case. I don't get why people are so possessive about latin phrases. Ludonarrative dissonance is AOK. Dissonance is already a word, what's the problem with "ludonarrative"? It makes things easier when talking about these types of inconsistencies. Phrases like that are useful imho. anyway my 2 cents on the relevance of ludonarrative dissonance in 2015

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:02 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
Tbh I dont really feel like getting into the discussion again, its too soon after the last one, and that was a lot of posts. I know dissonance is a word, its very used in my field. The bottomline is I dont think its useful or necessary, same with distinguishing between gameplay and game feel. I know this is a reviewer forum, but imo theyre all silly terms.

EDIT: If you search ludonarrative it all comes up in the first few results. Searching it has remined me of the word "kinaesthetics" . rofl!
EDIT 2: lol I didnt remember the scale of that, several pages of ****, we even scared a guy off who had only made one post, then we discussed soft drinks for a while. Good times tbh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 pm 
Audrey Horne

So what you're saying is that you don't care about the problem the phrase represents/describes? That's fair, but I don't get why you would be bothered by the *word*. I don't care for homeopathics, but I don't mind that the word exists. It represents that branch of alternative medicine in one word. I know immediately what a person means when he/she says "homeopathic medicine" (more or less, given the lack of organization in that branch of "medicine"). Same goes for ludonarrative dissonance. It's useful when you like to discuss that topic. It's not when you don't. what's so special about it when that's basically true for every word in existence? There literally is no phrase that you can use instead. You'd be forced to talk around the word constantly if it didn't exist. it's necessary when you need it in a sentence.

anyway i'll never understand

i'm only saying this because it's more quiet here so it might remain relatively peaceful as long as it's just the two of us. as soon as mr scotch-but-actually-applejuice enters the stage, i'm GTFO-ing :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:47 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
I watched the first part of his Dark Souls series. He retreaded a lot of the same ground as Matthewmatosis, but he did manage to add some new stuff. I've a feeling he'll be a lot less forgiving of that Anor Londo moment, than Matthew was.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:51 am 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
I watched it all. The guy was ruthless. He tore the entire second half of the game to pieces. I am glad he at least pointed out a lot that was wrong with The Duke's Archives. That's a very overpraised area, with a lot of problems. I never realised the magic attacks were so overpowered. But it does highlight how Bloodborne was better off by doing away with it, and having less classes.

Page 1 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next