It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 5 of 7 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: No man's sky.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 492 time
I was maybe a bit harsh in my comment, there are good things about it, opg. It's not getting terrible reviews, but people are already upset about the lack of content. Almost all glorifying reviews are referring to things that are "yet to come" (like basebuilding), which the developers haven't actually confirmed, imho. They said they would think about DLC if the game is successful.
Anyway, I do think you can get a good 20 hour experience out of this. It's *not* what the believers were hoping for, though, imho.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:14 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 169 time
I watched about 90 minute's footage of the game. It seems like a boring waste of time. It seems to be heavily based around gathering resources, and getting lost. What gunfights showed up, were poorly executed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:34 am 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
I actually want to play it! I watched some 24h livestream thing of it yday and ended up watching for like 2.5 hours completely fascinated XDDDD maybe im just a stoner but I want it. I wont be able to run it though so ill just play some other game!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:42 am 
hell knight

Have thanks: 133 time
lyra wrote:
I actually want to play it! I watched some 24h livestream thing of it yday and ended up watching for like 2.5 hours completely fascinated XDDDD maybe im just a stoner but I want it. I wont be able to run it though so ill just play some other game!

Blaze it down

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:48 am 
jaghut tyrant

Have thanks: 14 time
It looks like garbage. Like really expensive trash.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:23 am 
supreme adder

Have thanks: 249 time
I don't really know what it is.

theadder has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:59 am 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
I don't think it looks THAT bad. I haven't played the game, but I will talk from what I have seen.

To be honest, I was always excited for No Man's Sky because of the technical aspect of the game, and not because of the game itself. It was pretty clear that it would be a sandbox game almost from the begining. There was never any attractive gameplay shown, and neither was I expecting it.

Now, the randomly generated content apparently seems to be working pretty well. The monsters seem very smooth, and never out pf place with the environnemts. I think they did an amazing job with the algorithms and they delivered to their promises. The environments also look very cool and they seem hand-crafted. The fact that they are not is really impressive.

Of course No Man's Sky doesn't seem like a good GAME per se, but it's the foundation of an idea that can become very-very amazing in other games to come.

Perhaps 60 Euros is a bit too much for the game, but to be honest, I don't think there exists ANY game that deserves the price of 60 Eur. And if it delivers at least 20 hours of fun, then it's already more than your average triple AAA game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:43 am 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 169 time
The alien life forms do look good, and the planets do have a genuinely alien feel about them, which I like. I don't think there's many games that pull off that sort of thing well. Space related stuff, generally feels too earth like, and sterile, even in other media.

Virtually nothing about the gameplay interests me, though, and I don't even see the game capturing my interest for 10 hours, let a,one 20. I'd say for other games to capitalise on this idea, they'd need to be less ambitious and more small scale. They should limit the exploration to at least a solar system.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:26 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
You can always play elite 2 like I am peeps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:39 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 81 time
Looks like the game was horribly optimized for PC, with crashing, FPS drops and stuttering. Not surprised.

Campion has been thanked by:

Page 5 of 7 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next