It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 7 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Nokia X series aka the feature-phone thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:35 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 492 time
I consider buying the Nokia XL for 109 Merkels when it comes out. That's a reasonable price for a smart phone. The Xl might be too big for me, so I might go for the X+. We'll see. Maybe I won't buy it, after all. It does have my attention, though.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

Post subject: Re: Nokia X series
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:48 pm 
Audrey Horne

Nokia X+ for 100 Merkels, 5€ per month for 1GB data and the remaining money (without the internet, I use 20€ in 6 months) for messages and calls sounds like a steal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:06 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
Why would you anroid yourself like that? Id rather a second hand iphone or one of the WP lumias.

Also the android overlay that nokia is using looks awful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:31 pm 
Audrey Horne

I won't pay for a used smartphone. I want the warranty.

I also don't have a dog in this android vs. ios fight. Most of my friends have android phones and they are very happy with their phones. I really don't care about what makes one better than the other, because anyone's solution to these problems is to buy some 600 Merkel smartphone, which I'll never, ever do. Show me an alternative for exatly that price or stfu (I'm not talking to you directly, here, lyra).

I don't care what the UI looks like as long as the reviews don't say that it's practically unusable. I can live with ugly UIs and phones (I actually very much dislike the Nokia X's flashy design, but I'll survive). I've had the Siemens MC60 for 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:40 pm 
Audrey Horne

What is this about complaints about no google play store? Why is that important?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:47 pm 
Audrey Horne

I am also looking at the Asha 230. Yes, a phone for third world countries.

I want a new phone (=> warranty) that can play mp3s, has custom ringtones, use What's app, the Quiz duell and that's it, so yes, I am serious about the Asha 230. 45 Merkels!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:47 pm 
baron of hell

The alternative is windows phone imo, the 520 and the 720 work nicely and do what theyre supposed to. The reason you dont have a dog in the fight is because of the 10 years using the MC60, you dont know better. I used android for two years and it was all in all a terrible experience. It was ok the first year but after that things went downhill fast, its just badly made.

http://reviews.cnet.com/nokia-x/

specs dont seem too good either especially for an android phone which is bound to be bloaded and unoptimized.

I dont care which phone you buy in the end, im happy that youre looking into smartphones like the rest of the normal world but I think you coud do much better.

I have a lot of friends who are happy with their android phones, especially the stupid ones who buy the high end 600 merkel anroids, but I also have friends who are perfectly happy with eating instant ramen all week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:49 pm 
baron of hell

Begogian wrote:
I am also looking at the Asha 230.

I want a new phone (=> warranty) that can play mp3s, has custom ringtones, use What's app, the Quiz duell and that's it, so yes, I am serious about the Asha 230. 45 Merkels!!

Id rather do this and spend 45 merkels (which is practically nothing). I mean if youre going to get a bad phone get the cheapest one available imo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:54 pm 
Audrey Horne

Yes, the 520 seems to scratch my price range. Okay. So it's either the Asha 230 or the Lumia 520, now, imho. That was a good suggestion, imho. Thanks.

The analogy at the end didn't really help. All of the android users I personally know are happy with the products.

I am not looking for the best product. I am looking for the cheapest product that isn't a scam. The Nokia X+ may be just that (meaning: a scam), because a (supposedly) much better 520 is only 25 Merkels more expensive.

What about the Asha 230? Again: I irl only need WhatsApp, quiz duell, some internet if the wifi doesn't work (doesn't have to be quick at all), mp3s and custom ringtones. I am not interested in irl entering the world of smartphones. I don#t need a PC when I'm out. THat's why I go out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:05 pm 
baron of hell

Go for the asha maybe? If thats all you need and it gives you that then I dont see the problem in spending as little as possible. The thing is that in the end the smartphone is used like a computer, and you will create needs for yourself down the line, just because of the ammount of times you will use it daily. Its a question of time imo for you to abandon the its just a telephone mentality, so I thik that you end up saving down the line if you get something nice now.

The 520 is nice for a low range phone and apparently WP is nice and smooth, but idk with the state of microsoft, although Id think it would be better than android.

Imo look up reviews and decide whats best for you because I would recommend a stevephone.

Page 1 of 7 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next