It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Sunless Sea
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 499 time
looks like this is true. speed two doesn't affect fuel consumption. for ****'s sake

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
Going at speed 1 is generally a bad strategy unless manouvering. It will consume less fuel but more supplies and increase terror more because it takes you longer to travel, and fuel is cheaper than supplies and reducing terror. Don't upgrade the engine untill you have a steady income though IMO!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:48 am 
Audrey Horne

yeah i don't see the need for a new engine anyway, imho

going at speed 2 changes everything. I will make progress now. I have tons of fuel atm, but barely any room left in the hold.that's kind of homosexual, because I'd like to earn some money with the Salt Lions =/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:49 pm 
baron of hell

Take only what you need, so about 12 fuel and 6 supplies. Enjoy your salt lion runs while you can and invest tb tbe money wisely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 pm 
Audrey Horne

i need more supplies than that, but yeah, fuel and supplies should amount to around 18-20

ahah rip pigmote island. i really thought they were going to make it. I had their stats at around 8 spirit, 6 civilization and 4 might. Not too bad imo i was really rooting for them!

it's kinda boring atm, because i tend to do the salt lion thing repeatedly. i managed to buy the townhouse, create my first iron will, upgrade my engine and deck weapon and i'd like to upgrade my ship altogether. that requires a lot of going back and forth, though. like i said - it's kinda boring atm, but i'd feel really stupid not doing the boring salt lion stuff, because it makes you a better equipped zailor. now that pigmote island is dead i don't even have the daily dilemma to solve =/
i really really like the game but there's lots of repetition involved, imho. i will take a short break once the current zailor dies/retires in order to keep it fresh imho.

Last edited by Begogian on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
I just realized that now would be a good time to start FL imo since they're doing their annual Advent Calendar event.

Quote:
The Bazaar rations and licenses Christmas cards. Wisely! They are perilous and subversive harbingers of a peculiar tradition. But hush: here are additional cards, escaped through the Paper Door.

such fun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:28 pm 
supreme adder

Have thanks: 250 time
What's FL?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:30 pm 
Audrey Horne

Fallen London

Okay, it's not boring anymore. At every stage of progression, there's that point where things are starting to become repetitive and stale. Usually, pushing and exploring solves that problem. Those Salt Lion deliveries take far too long, though and they are far too lucrative to ignore. I wonder how I'll feel about my next zailor. Hopefully, he's going to inherit a lot of useful stuff, but I'd hate to play those beginning hours all over again. The west coast seems to be the same every single time.

I explored about 90% of the maps's western half. It's getting exciting. My veil-build is working quite well, I must say. I can't seem to get those last 500 echoes for the corvette, though. I really want a ship with more hull

THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:44 pm 
baron of hell

If it takes too long for you then upgrade the engine. It's not like you have to grind salt lion runs XD Just go when you need the money for further exploring! You can play it however you want IMO.

If the idea of starting over is daunting to you I suggest you do a manual save (and lose your token), which is less satisfying to me but safe.

Page 4 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4