It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 88 [ 878 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next
 Post subject: Razorfist
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 2 time
TEH OFFICIAL RAGEAHOLIC FORUM LOLZ. GOD FUKIN SPEED! LOL!

So um, seeming as though the 'worst review ever' thread was derailed a bit because of this guy, what do people think of his 'reviews'. I think he does Miller comedy a fair bit better than Yatzee (most likely spelled wrong), but his opinions just utterly baffle me.

Last edited by genericforumguy on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Razorfist
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 169 time
genericforumguy wrote:
TEH OFFICIAL RAGEAHOLIC FORUM LOLZ. GOD FUKIN SPEED! LOL!

So um, seeming as though the 'worst review ever' thread was derailed a bit because of this guy, what do people think of his 'reviews'. I think he does Miller comedy a fair bit better than Yatzee (most likely spelled wrong), but his opinions just utterly baffle me. Mass Effect 3 is a glorified POS from start to finish but Invisible War is an excellent sequel. MGS is absolute dog shit but Heavy Rain and LA Noire are 'thoroughly enjoyable'.

EDIT: P.S who has a youtube channel called Joe Smoke?????

I have a you tube channel called Joe Smoke. I set it up recently as I was having problems with my other account. Did you receive a private message from me under that name? I didn't realise I sent you it with that account.

As to what I think of razorfist... he does do that style of comedy better than Yahtzee alright and I really have no clue where he gets all the very fitting pictures from, but with regards to his opinions, I mostly don't have a clue where he do be coming from at all. I also hate the way he generalises things and states his opinions like facts. Everyone else is a complete idiot if they like something that he doesn't. He says he hates the FPS genre because all you are doing is centering the screen on the thing that you don't want to live, and we are all idiots for liking the genre. That may sum up Call of Duty fairly well, but the best FPS's are rarely simply about that. He hates on the Resistance series because it is brown, but I doubt he's even played a game in the series. He would realise that those games dissprove his generalisations of the genre if he did. A good swarm shooter is about much more than just doing that as well. He has a tendency to drop loads of games in his "reviews" and say they are shit, but never gives any reason why. It's really annoying. Vanquish is apparently shit because it resembles anime. Demon's Souls is shit because it's a 3D Diablo clone.

I have no idea how he can consider Heavy Rain a good game when he considers MGS to be dog shit. This is a guy who slated Mass Effect 3 for having gaping plot holes, yet utterly ignores the ones that are in Heavy Rain. The plot 'revelation' towards the end alone would be enough to kill the story on its own. Apparently L.A. Noire is a very intelligent game because you go around randomly fiddling with stuff on a crime scene until you stumble upon the evidence through pure process of elimination. Really intelligent gameplay there. He never really talks about gameplay at all.

He loves 80s action films(apparently he's reviewing Commando next) and says more action films should be dumb like them. Why is it okay for films to be dumb and not some games? He rarely ever replies to any comments people leave, unless they are about Yahtzee.

A good thing I will say about him though is he's well able to speak without sounding boring. He rarely stumbles for words and never runs out of breath. That's not easy to do. You only need to watch DWterminators videos to see that.

Last edited by Gilgamesh on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:13 pm 
VIP Member

Oh, and he also considers Assassin's Creed to be a great stealth game. Metal Gear Solid is complete shit but the first Assassin's Creed is a fantastic stealth game. AC 2 is apparently a step down and Brotherhood and Revelations are 'utter abortions'.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 0 time
gilgamesh wrote:
and I really have no clue where he gets all the very fitting pictures from,

He makes them, as for my actual opinion on the guy, ehh, some of his reviews are good-ish, from a comedy point of view, but getting past that he's does a terrible job of making it clear if he actually like's or hate's the game, even the game's that he reviews that he like's he still go's on about their flaw's, revealing right at the end that he actually enjoyed the game after all. I haven't watched the guy's stuff in a while so maby he's got better, doubt it mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:24 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 0 time
And yeah I agree with gilga, his opinion's on some games is like a minefield riddled with contradiction.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:24 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 2 time
You'd think Vanquish and Demons Souls would be right up his alley. He's a fairly charismatic guy mind with some great speaking skills and his fanbase are utterly devoted to him. He keeps reminding me of some one I can't quite put my finger on... Oh yeah! Now I remember!

I'd love to have seen Fatman come to blows with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 pm 
VIP Member

Koopsas wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:
and I really have no clue where he gets all the very fitting pictures from,
He makes them, as for my actual opinion on the guy, ehh, some of his reviews are good-ish, from a comedy point of view, but getting past that he's does a terrible job of making it clear if he actually like's or hate's the game, even the game's that he reviews that he like's he still go's on about their flaw's, revealing right at the end that he actually enjoyed the game after all. I haven't watched the guy's stuff in a while so maby he's got better, doubt it mind.
I don't see how he can simply 'make' some of the pictures he displays. He probably made the Metal Gear one in his Modern Warfare 2 "review". That was quite funny to watch. I don't see how he can make pictures of live events though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:39 pm 
VIP Member

genericforumguy wrote:
You'd think Vanquish and Demons Souls would be right up his alley. He's a fairly charismatic guy mind with some great speaking skills and his fanbase are utterly devoted to him. He keeps reminding me of some one I can't quite put my finger on... Oh yeah! Now I remember! Image I'd love to have seen Fatman come to blows with him.

Fatman would probably be able to destroy everything he stands for in a single sentence. He'd never respond to someone like Fatman though. He only bother to argue with people who he knows he can argue down.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:22 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
gilgamesh wrote:
Fatman would probably be able to destroy everything he stands for in a single sentence. He'd never respond to someone like Fatman though. He only bother to argue with people who he knows he can argue down.

Or just stupid comments. It's always enjoyable watching him destroy stupid things for some reason that I don't know about. Also, what's interesting about him is that he has a consistent quality of speaking both scripted and off-the-cuff. Just listen to his vlogs or his rants on the Hate Bit Podcast, and it's just as good, funny, and engaging as the stuff he writes out.

Besides, his strange/contradicting preferences isn't all that bizarre, as very similar mechanics can still have drastic results. The mechanics of Stalker and Singularity are very similar to Call of Duty, yet I've had so much more fun with those than with CoD.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:35 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
I like him. Like yhatzee, I wouldnt consider him a real reviewer, but more of a comedian. I would never take his opinions seriously, but he makes me laugh. I think its just the fact that hes such an asshole that makes him so funny, hes your typical metalhead with the holier than thou mindset. Ive met people like this IRL, its hilarious.

Page 1 of 88 [ 878 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next