It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil HD Remaster - MiniReview - Campion1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:01 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 82 time
It's funny that the funnest parts of the genre go right over his head. I kinda just want to smack him for calling it "lazy level design."

I did 100% the achievements and did the CQC (knife) achievement on very easy, but it's not worth a knife run on anything past normal as it can get boring really fast from how long it takes to kill stuff. Each time I do it I just want to end up using the shotgun.

When will you write that essay? Will you post it in review section?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:41 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 171 time
I agreed with him on the very first point he made. He said that some games like Dead Space receive criticism for backtracking, when they don't deserve it. There are definitely cases when journalists hold those kind of double standards. Alien Isolation was another game heavily criticised for it, despite that even being a semi Metroidvania. They didn't deserve it. However, pretty much everything else he said was ********. He made out that it was all extremely laborious and time consuming, when that simply isn't true. SoTN even gives you fucking teleporters for fast travel. Backtracking was never tedious in that. He seemed to have confused Metroid Prime 3 with the first as well, as there's only one planet in the first game. The third is mostly very linear and you're given fucking instructions on what planets to go to, quite regularly.

I don't know if I'll do that essay at all. It was just speculation. If I am to do it, I'll post it somewhere else besides here. But it would likely be in the review section if done here, nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 pm 
VIP Member

It's funny that I'd forgotten that Chris had no knowledge of chemistry, despite having the instructions clearly spelled out to him. I can't remember if that was the case in the original game. Maybe it was. Rebecca and Jill are smarter and have more music talent. That could be considered sexism against men ;) .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 pm 
revenant

lmfao Chris is a god damn incompetent moron on top of being an *******. He patronizes Rebecca's musical talent and the ways he handles the hunter situation are pretty laughable. He asks Rebecca if she'll come with him right before telling her she's on her own, LOL. There are other cutscenes he acts stupid in but I would have to remember them right now[quote="Gilgamesh"]That could be considered sexism against men ;) .
Still pissed that Chris didn't get bouncing technology.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 pm 
VIP Member

The way all the characters act is completely incompetent. It makes no sense whatsoever why they would separate constantly. The excuses Barry gives Jill are laughable. He says he'll stick around to take care of some monster that might still be alive and might show up, rather than actually accompanying her into another room full of monsters. No one would ever split up and go separate ways in a mansion full of monsters. It's also ridiculous how Barry points his gun at Jill at one point, and later the event is entirely forgotten. They're pals again.

Did Jill's boobs bounce in the original version? I don't k ow why Capcom decided to take a leaf out of Team Ninja's book. They were perfectly fine being static.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 pm 
revenant

[quote="Gilgamesh"]It's also ridiculous how Barry points his gun at Jill at one point, and later the event is entirely forgotten. They're pals again.
Holy fucking **** that bugged me the most about the story, you don't even get to talk about it they just go along their way like it never happened. and ye the boobs bounced in original version, you just probably never noticed it on old tele

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 pm 
VIP Member

I never playd the original version. I only played the very first game, the director's cut and the DS (semi) remake. That moment with Barry didn't even happen in the original game. The dialogue in the REmake seems stuck between the cheesy as **** kind in the original(1996) game, with a more professional type. But it ends up sitting in a no man's land of being too silly to be taken seriously but not nearly goofy enough, to be as memorable as the dialogue in the original. Although Barry's reaction to the plant did amuse me a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:10 pm 
revenant

I couldn't find a thread with ggmanlives, so I'll post this here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:33 pm 
VIP Member

I thought I remember making one. I definitely mentioned him. I watched that video earlier. It's a very good synopsis of the games, but he overpraised the story. I have a few problems with him as a reviewer, but he's one of the better ones.

Page 4 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4