It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 12 of 14 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stephen "antisocialfatman" Bray, ??/??/??-25/10/11
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 2 time
Bego wrote:
It's quite amazing that soon it'll be a year since he's gone. I'm very happy some of us are still here, we've lost some (I haven't seen YoZ, Bill Clinton, LND amongst others for quite a while, hotlesbianassassin doesn't seem to ever come back), but there's still a loyal core around, we even have some new members who are participating now. Naturally, it's not the same without fatman, but overall I do think it's quite fun being here. Reading that e.g. Soup signed up to post in this obituary (like he says in a comment here in this thread) and now he's at almost 1000 comments is quite heartwarming imho. Every conversation I have here, every conversation I have in the IRC room with theadder kareem bran sbb and all the others, I owe to fatman and I'm very grateful for that. Also, for those who are new or haven't tried it yet: You're always welcome to the IRC imho.

I'd be more than happy to chat there but, um, I don't know what to do when I'm on there. It's a very scary and daunting place :cry: . You really wouldn't want me there anyway ;) . It struck me a few days ago it's almost been a year and, for old times sake, I scrolled through some of the old comments. At the risk of sounding self centered, it struck me how much I've matured and changed in almost twelve months, and I often find myself very much upset I can't talk once more with Fatman without coming off as a bit of a tard. I wasn't aware that Soup only signed up here to talk about Stephen, that is pretty heartwarming. I find it hugely surprising that LND and YoZ of all people didn't stick with the forum, after all they were there all the way back in 2009 when I first started lurking the channel. But, like you told me, people deal with grief in different ways. It's only quite fun?! I'm offended. At any rate, it's very much assuring that this thingamajig we have going here's lasted an entire year after Stephen's death. I'm sure he'd like that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:00 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 171 time
genericforumguy wrote:
Bego wrote:
It's quite amazing that soon it'll be a year since he's gone. I'm very happy some of us are still here, we've lost some (I haven't seen YoZ, Bill Clinton, LND amongst others for quite a while, hotlesbianassassin doesn't seem to ever come back), but there's still a loyal core around, we even have some new members who are participating now. Naturally, it's not the same without fatman, but overall I do think it's quite fun being here. Reading that e.g. Soup signed up to post in this obituary (like he says in a comment here in this thread) and now he's at almost 1000 comments is quite heartwarming imho. Every conversation I have here, every conversation I have in the IRC room with theadder kareem bran sbb and all the others, I owe to fatman and I'm very grateful for that. Also, for those who are new or haven't tried it yet: You're always welcome to the IRC imho.

I'd be more than happy to chat there but, um, I don't know what to do when I'm on there. It's a very scary and daunting place :cry: . You really wouldn't want me there anyway ;) . It struck me a few days ago it's almost been a year and, for old times sake, I scrolled through some of the old comments. At the risk of sounding self centered, it struck me how much I've matured and changed in almost twelve months, and I often find myself very much upset I can't talk once more with Fatman without coming off as a bit of a tard. I wasn't aware that Soup only signed up here to talk about Stephen, that is pretty heartwarming. I find it hugely surprising that LND and YoZ of all people didn't stick with the forum, after all they were there all the way back in 2009 when I first started lurking the channel. But, like you told me, people deal with grief in different ways. It's only quite fun?! I'm offended. At any rate, it's very much assuring that this thingamajig we have going here's lasted an entire year after Stephen's death. I'm sure he'd like that.

I'm not a fan of using the IRC myself. I don't much like live internet conversations. Any time I go there anyway there only seems to be one or two people there willing to say anything, if even that.

I feel I have changed an awful lot since I first stumbled upon Fatman's channel. At least my attitude to gaming has. Does YoZ even comment on the IRC? He got onto me about not commenting there enough before, but anytime I do go there his name doesn't even show up. I don't think YoZ has ever posted on this forum though. I forgot all about Bill Clinton. I remember him leaving loads of crazy threads in the everything else section. I rarely got around to commenting on any of them though. You were stalking that long? I only started commenting there since I believe it was late 2010, which was when I first discovered the channel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:18 pm 
VIP Member

gilgamesh wrote:
You were stalking that long? I only started commenting there since I believe it was late 2010, which was when I first discovered the channel.

Indeed. It was only occasionally though, I didn't spend everyday studying other peoples conversations. That was the latter stages :twisted: . I wouldn't mind talking on the IRC at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:25 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 0 time
genericforumguy wrote:
I scrolled through some of the old comments. At the risk of sounding self centered, it struck me how much I've matured and changed in almost twelve months,

Same on this end xD! Even if we still have quite the habit of having a piss about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm 
VIP Member

Koopsas wrote:
genericforumguy wrote:
I scrolled through some of the old comments. At the risk of sounding self centered, it struck me how much I've matured and changed in almost twelve months,

Same on this end xD! Even if we still have quite the habit of having a piss about.

I'm shocked and appalled by such allegations! Just because we derailed all those- Oh. Well just because I'm responsible for a colossal thread about My Little- Oh. Oh no.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 499 time
genericforumguy wrote:
Bego wrote:

I don't see why we wouldn't want you in the IRC imho. The people in the IRC are the most colourful people I've seen anywhere on the internet. There's much room for weirdness, if that's your concern.
I know the feeling. Basically, you can chat about anything there imho. Just don't write in caps. There is much daily chat, there, too, we don't discuss stuff all the time at all imo. The thing about the IRC is that you're *always* in the room while having your computer on and if you notice that some people have time to chat, you chat. You can't go in there and expect immediate chat imho. We all have stuff to do irl. Sometimes, I go into the room, say "hello", check the room after a couple of hours if there's someone to chat and sometimes even go to sleep without having chatted at all. Well, after I've seen that LND didn't even visit the website since the 26th of October, I lost all hope of him ever coming back. I am very surprised about YoZ not being here or the IRC, I haven't seen him in quite a while (meaning: at least 3-4 months). I haven't been much in the IRC during May and June, though, I had to study quite a lot, so maybe he was there and I was just away studying.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 499 time
gilgamesh wrote:
genericforumguy wrote:
Bego wrote:

I'm not a fan of using the IRC myself. I don't much like live internet conversations. Any time I go there anyway there only seems to be one or two people there willing to say anything, if even that.

I feel I have changed an awful lot since I first stumbled upon Fatman's channel. At least my attitude to gaming has. Does YoZ even comment on the IRC? He got onto me about not commenting there enough before, but anytime I do go there his name doesn't even show up. I don't think YoZ has ever posted on this forum though. I forgot all about Bill Clinton. I remember him leaving loads of crazy threads in the everything else section. I rarely got around to commenting on any of them though. You were stalking that long? I only started commenting there since I believe it was late 2010, which was when I first discovered the channel.

Regarding the IRC, you can read through the stuff I just wrote to genericguy.
YoZ is hardly in the IRC at all, I don't know what's going on with him, but he did comment on the channel a couple of weeks ago. Bill Clinton was Cortanaisatranny in Youtube, he's been there for quite a while and it's a shame that he now left.
I am very saddened by the fact that hotlesbo stopped reviewing. He's always been kind of lazy (which is okay, I mean I don't pay him for his reviews!), but it's a real shame that we've lost not only one, but two (or even more if you count LND and others in) of the coolest people in the internet on October the 25th.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 171 time
bego wrote:
Regarding the IRC, you can read through the stuff I just wrote to genericguy.
YoZ is hardly in the IRC at all, I don't know what's going on with him, but he did comment on the channel a couple of weeks ago. Bill Clinton was Cortanaisatranny in Youtube, he's been there for quite a while and it's a shame that he now left.
I am very saddened by the fact that hotlesbo stopped reviewing. He's always been kind of lazy (which is okay, I mean I don't pay him for his reviews!), but it's a real shame that we've lost not only one, but two (or even more if you count LND and others in) of the coolest people in the internet on October the 25th.

I had no idea that was cortanaisatranny. I was wondering where he would have went ti. It didn't seem like it was him based on the comments he left. He didn't tend to discuss those things on fatman's channel at all.

It is very disappointing that Hla vanished. From what I remember, he just left one comment here to confirm Fatman was dead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:04 am 
supreme adder

Have thanks: 250 time
Let all be united in the IRC.

http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.antisocia ... nnel=%23ts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 am 
simplest of beards

Have thanks: 7 time
<3 luv u guys

Page 12 of 14 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next