It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:18 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sunless Sea
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:13 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
I have played the **** out of this. I completed the game with two of the ambitions and am now playing zubmariner. This is such a good game I love it to bits. It's not without its flaws but the experience is so engrossing I forgive it all. Everybody get on this IMO. I'll be happy to answer any questions since I'm now an experienced zailor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:34 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
How much FL lore seeps into SS? Do you figure out what the Sun actually is, does the Bazaar feature at all? What happens when you head North?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:06 pm 
baron of hell

I havnt played FL so I wouldn't know. I'm tempted though because the writing really is great and it's available on iOS now.

I won't say anything else because spoilers but I wouldn't sail north (or east) if I were you XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
I played FL pretty hard for a couple of years before it became too much work for me to care about, but you should check it out imo. As long as you aren't one of those "games aren't games unless they're skill tests" people then it's some of the most creative design out there, plus one of the rare examples of successfully translating Lovecraftian/cosmic horror into systems.

Spoiler:
What exactly happens when you go North? Can you seek the Name?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:19 am 
supreme adder

Have thanks: 249 time
Is this good or bad?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:21 am 
supreme adder

Have thanks: 249 time
Grace wrote:
@bego

ur fashionably l8

I'm even later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:07 am 
baron of hell

It's very good IMO adder but I'm unsure you would like it. In fact I'm unsure why you would be attracted to it in the first place! Are you a fallen London player?

Opg
Spoiler:
idk what the name is or if you can find it. If you sail north you have a very high chance of not making it back but if you do you'll have a very good story to tell and a scar which opens up other stories. Careful though because there's a legendary creature roaming around the avid horizon.

The game deliberately drop feeds you pieces ofnlore a ser you go alon and the more you play the more you understand the world and some of your actions' implications. This makes the game world quite confusing but súper lifelike.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:13 am 
baron of hell

overpoweredginger wrote:
As long as you aren't one of those "games aren't games unless they're skill tests"

I normally am. But also writing (and stories) in games are normally awful! Also I'm ok with it not being a true game or whatever (it's a browser game). Sunless sea is only punishing/a skill test at the beginning when you don't know the mechanics well, after that it may or may not be RELATIVELY smooth sailing depending on how you choose to play it. I have never switched on manual saving and died only the first 10 or so times, I rarely did nowadays unless curiosity gets the best of me during some event. At first I was into it for the gritty survival and the tense atmosphere but afterwards it became all about the fascinating world and the stories.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:28 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 492 time
I'm back into it. I keep dying at roughly the same point, imho. I tend to run out of fuel/food/money once I get (and spend) all the ressources for exploring the first couple of standardized islands. I need to be more aggressive with my exploration, imho, but at some point, hull damage is kicking in as well. I'm sure there is a strategy, I just need to figure it out.
Spoiler:
At this point, I tend to avoid talking to Phoebe, because her storyline tends to burn down the house which is a good ressource for memories of distant shores (that I can sell to the uni imho).

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 492 time
I have a question lyra: I (maybe foolishly) suspected that speed 2 burns more fuel, so I tended to use speed 1 almost exclusively. I'm not so sure about that anymore, though. Can you confirm that ship speed (as long as you don't use the boost) doesn't matter in terms of fuel?! That'd change everything. I would be able to manage fuel, terror and food much more easily.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

Page 3 of 4 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next