It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The reviews that never were.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:29 pm 
demon

Have thanks: 0 time
With Fatman having utterly tragically passed away, and many people still not watching his reviews out of grief (I can't blame you) this may or may not be the perfect time to mention this, but I'll probably forget. It was discussed in the 'fatman remembered' thread, that perhaps we ought to write reviews of the games he never got round to, namely Doom, Arkham City, the Thief series and many more. I'd like to know people's thoughts on this as it struck me as a pretty cool gesture. It's not like we'd be filling in for him or anything or making any replacements, so don't worry.

Post subject: Re: The reviews that never were.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm 
The Unjolliest of Anglo-Irishmen

Location: Where the Dance Commanders of the world talk about running the world, Hyde Park.
If we are, either me or Sexbad will take on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution review, probably Sexbad, since he actually owns it. I haven't discussed it with him yet, its just my guess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:37 pm 
foreskin enthusiast

Have thanks: 75 time
I'm not sure exactly why you feel that we are indebted to write these specific reviews for him, considering they were his goals and he wanted to share his opinion. Doom, Arkham City, and Thief all definitely deserve detailed reviews, but if I do them, I will show my opinion, not his. If you do them, you should show your opinion, not his. Reviewing certain games because someone else was really interested in them is probably going against his principles in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:38 pm 
demon

sexbad, that's what I meant by we wouldn't be filling in for him. It would be our own opinion, not his. I don't feel like I HAVE to do this either, like I said, it's a cool gesture, but nothing more. I don't want to spend the rest of my evening furiously steamrolling through doom to write a review or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 pm 
foreskin enthusiast

ultimategeek wrote:
sexbad, that's what I meant by we wouldn't be filling in for him. It would be our own opinion, not his. I don't feel like I HAVE to do this either, like I said, it's a cool gesture, but nothing more. I don't want to spend the rest of my evening furiously steamrolling through doom to write a review or anything.

Sorry, you just seemed a little like you wanted to do this more because he was going to, rather than how you really wished to write reviews anyway. But I should have read your post twice. That said, don't review games you don't actually want to review, etc etc.

And yeah, I'm doing Human Revolution soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:50 pm 
imp

I'd like to lay dibs on the Limbo review, and possibly the Starcraft 2 review:

I was very excited to get asfm's opinion on Limbo after I saw him say that he had never so much hated a game that was so beloved. After reading some of his (vague) comments on it, I've been playing through Limbo myself and think that it's a VERY controversial game. I can see why asfm may have truly hated it.

I'm less attached to the Starcraft 2 review (if someone else wants to do it, go ahead), but it is a game that I play regularly, and I've been eager to hear his opinion on it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:01 am 
revenant

Have thanks: 81 time
I'll definitely watch your DX3 review, Sexbad. He told me your complaints were similar to his on the original. I wanted to gift him HR, personally.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:33 am 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 13 time
I really wish we could've seen he Deus Ex review.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:49 pm 
spectre

Sexbad wrote:
I'm not sure exactly why you feel that we are indebted to write these specific reviews for him, considering they were his goals and he wanted to share his opinion. Doom, Arkham City, and Thief all definitely deserve detailed reviews, but if I do them, I will show my opinion, not his. If you do them, you should show your opinion, not his. Reviewing certain games because someone else was really interested in them is probably going against his principles in the first place.

Honestly Sexbad, no offense but I don't think it's a good idea. I feel like if I watch that review I'll just think 'well this is good, but fatman would have done it better'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 pm 
foreskin enthusiast

mrc560 wrote:
Sexbad wrote:

Honestly Sexbad, no offense but I don't think it's a good idea. I feel like if I watch that review I'll just think 'well this is good, but fatman would have done it better'

Uh, could you rephrase that? I'm kind of unsure what you're calling a bad idea. Considering my post was calling another post a bad idea.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next