It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 43 [ 422 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 am 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 169 time
What is your opinion on this series. Ive watched as far as episode 4 of season 2. I thought the first season was great, but so far, season 2 hasn't been so promising.

Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:48 am 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 13 time
Whilst not having watched any of the show, I know that it is unfaithful to the comics, which saddens me, as the comics are very emotional reads and isn't like the generic zombie-comic (Where all it really does it shoot a bunch of zombies.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:51 pm 
spectre

Have thanks: 0 time
I've only seen the first episode of the series. It was pretty good. I loved how it felt more emotional and human than most zombie movies, games and shows, which usually simply glorify the gore.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm 
VIP Member

MurphyPendleton wrote:
I've only seen the first episode of the series. It was pretty good. I loved how it felt more emotional and human than most zombie movies, games and shows, which usually simply glorify the gore.

Yeah,the first season was great but the second season seems to be taking a bitof a dip. It's turning into too much of a drama and the zombies aren't getting enough screen time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:52 am 
hell knight

Have thanks: 49 time
Been watching it since season 1 started, season 1 was great, season 2 so far is.... Not bad, but not good. Dunno, maybe because the original director was kicked?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:12 am 
The Unjolliest of Anglo-Irishmen

Location: Where the Dance Commanders of the world talk about running the world, Hyde Park.
Have thanks: 0 time
I watched series 1, and it was fucking fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 pm 
cacodemon

Have thanks: 7 time
So far all the focus on the children has been a bit of a drag. I am not emotionally invested enough to care about anyone the survivors yet, especially not the children. They should have held off on this turn of events atleast a couple of episodes.

But they might be following the comic storyline too closely to make changes like that, I wouldn't know, haven't read them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:14 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 49 time
So lastnights episode.... Was better than the rest of season 2.

Portal being mentioned? OK! And the last bit of it was just great.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 pm 
VIP Member

Soup2504 wrote:
So lastnights episode.... Was better than the rest of season 2.

Portal being mentioned? OK! And the last bit of it was just great.

Ive just watched that episode now. It was very good, easily better than everything so far this season, but now we have to wait till february to see the rest of the season! I hope all them episodes are as good as this one. That Portal reference was a bit stupid. That character's predicament was nothing like anything that happens in Portal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 492 time
So... after the forseeable boring grieving episode we've had two pretty great episodes in February. The last episode is easily one of my favourite Walking Dead episodes ever.

Oh and I want to get something else off my chest (I already told sbb and he didn't quite agree):
Jon Berthal almost ruined the Shane character. He's been walking around like a fucking bull for half the season, making him look like he's insane, which he isn't. The script doesn't mean to make him appear insane, imo. He is very consequent, he is reasonable, much more reasonable than Rick, the only thing that makes him a morally questionable character is that he is saying and doing things that don't seem very nice. Yet they are the most sensible thing to do. And even if you disagree on that and think that he's not so reasonable, he is *still* not crazy or mad. He has his reasons, he knows what he's doing. Jon Berthal made him look like he's going to run amok any second.
Luckily, in the last episode
Spoiler:
he acted calmer. There is a good chance that Shane will return to his former self or, at least, be a little more ready to compromise than usually, before he gets killed. Which will happen in the last episode of the season, imo. He'll probably sacrifice himself for someone else or something. That will be a very sad day, I consider Shane's character the best written and most interesting one.

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

Page 1 of 43 [ 422 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next