It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 12 of 14 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:30 am 
bran the barn owl

Have thanks: 235 time
Begogian wrote:
I am disappointed in the lack of chat imho. I don'T want this to become another monologue like my S1 chat :cry:

Sorry, I can't chat till I watch it, and I don't know when it comes up on our schedule :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:46 pm 
Audrey Horne

Have thanks: 492 time
I'm calling it now imho

Ep 5 spoiler
Spoiler:
the guy with the hat is the crow

Do I want a house, or do I want a boat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:19 pm 
Audrey Horne

ahahah so the best thing happened to me just now: I was watching Ep6 and didn't notice that the stream would just skip certain passages altogether, making a 60 minute episode 25 minutes short. I actually thought the creators would write and cut it that weirdly!!! I only noticed in the last couple of minutes when I didn't want to believe that there aren't more scenes with Rachel McAdams in that dress.

roflcopter this show

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
I LIKED THIS SHOW
BUT NEVERMIND

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm 
Audrey Horne

This isn't just "not what S1 was", this simply isn't good, imo. The worst HBO thing I've seen so far. I don't think 4 episodes are going to save this. Maybe it's less confusing now, I'm not sure, but I'm at a point where I start playing mobile games while watching, so I'm still lost.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 am 
Audrey Horne

Ok so S2 is severely flawed.

It's supposed to be a character driven show (because god knows nothing happens regarding the plot except for the last 5 minutes of each episode), but the characters are forcefully moody in an attempt to repeat S1. Farrell's character is basically trying to emulate Rust Cohle from S1 but doesn't succeed. Rust Cohle is being presented as some sort of crazy genius from the get go, before he even enters the screen. The character is carefully built which makes his cheesy one liners not cheesy at all, but fitting to the character. Farrell's character lacks all of the intelligence and mystique, but basically talks the same way, which is a huge problem. Every single pseudo-philosophic line Farrell drops throughout the episodes is cringeworthy. It would be very easy to blame Farrell for that, but in reality, it's the writers' fault for not building the character well. The other characters (secretely gay cop, traumatized rapevictim cop) are completely dominated by that one characteristic and lack any sort of other layer to them. There's more to say about the characters and how the writing fails, but I'm not sure anyone will read even this, so I'll leave it at that for the moment.
As for the plot, I completely stopped caring. It's a very lazy show in that it does character "progression" for 50 minutes and then, in order to make the audience continue to watch the next episode, something dramatic/violent happens in the last 5 minutes of the show.
Generally, this season feels like no one really expected it to happen back when they started with S1. S1 was a success so the writer thought he could just repeat it: A moody show with flawed characters and a murder mystery. Now with a homosexual and a woman amongst the main protagonists. It all feels so very forced and artificial. S2 is the little brother who so desperately wants to be as cool as his big brother S1. Not even the parents wanted to have him originally, it just happened. It's sad, really.

There is one absolutely atrocious casting decision: Vince Vaughn's wife. That woman has literally one face. I irl thought there was some sort of severe drug addict twist to her character because she's just so dead inside. Given that 50% of all of his scenes are scenes with his wife, Vince Vaughn is fucked. He can't do anything. He's trapped between having to ping pong with the empty lines his wife delivers and staring down people in a bar/club. I feel really bad for him, I'm sure he wanted to use this show as a kickstarter for a career change. =//

Also, **** that fat ****** of a fake son. I don't want any couch scenes with him anymore.

I guess I'll watch it to the end, but I sure as hell am playing something on my iPhone while watching.

Begogian has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:48 am 
spectre

Have thanks: 34 time
That's pretty accurate.

And I'm still completely lost in the plot. Like Chessani? When I hear that name I don't even know who the **** that is. There's a lot of stuff like that. Why do I even bother? Should have stopped a long time ago.

EDIT: OK just googled it and I see who it is. I don't know why it wasn't clear to me that it was this dude, but anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:34 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 245 time
I didn't watch episodes for a bit, but I'm still reading the wiki after every episode just to make sure. It's just a confusing plot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:50 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 169 time
It seems I'll be giving this season a miss then so.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:08 pm 
Audrey Horne

Attachment:
s2.png
s2.png [ 217.91 KiB | Viewed 734 times ]

Page 12 of 14 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next