It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 4 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Wasteland 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 pm 
The Unjolliest of Anglo-Irishmen

Location: Where the Dance Commanders of the world talk about running the world, Hyde Park.
Have thanks: 0 time
What is everyone opinion on this. This new one is being made by Brian Fargo's company inXile, and the first one was the precursor to the original Fallout. I never played the first one, but it looks fantastic for the time, and I hope the sequel can modernize the formula without ruining the core of Wasteland. They are going to take in community feedback into account and inXile got the band back together, by that I mean the important people from Wasteland 1 are back, including Fargo. It is also being funded though Kickstarter, the same website which funded Double Fine Adventure, so if you want to donate, you can.
You can find the Kickstarter page here to learn more and donate. Its currently made just over $750'000.
EDIT:Its now just over $1'000'000, exceeding the budget, $500'000 more and Mac OS X and Linux versions will be made.

Last edited by Unjolly Irishman on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Wasteland 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 pm 
mancubus

Have thanks: 4 time
Wasteland 2!? Now that i didn't expect!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 pm 
The Unjolliest of Anglo-Irishmen

Location: Where the Dance Commanders of the world talk about running the world, Hyde Park.
Have thanks: 0 time
Gnarrkhaz wrote:
Wasteland 2!? Now that i didn't expect!

A lot of people didn't, in fact Fargo even denied it was going to happen to the cult who hoped for a sequel, but thanks to Tim Schafer, it is now a possibility. The video on the project page shows this. In other words,
WE HAVE ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 pm 
Hitler Shitlord Babitz

Have thanks: 124 time
This might be a turning point in the industry. The only thing that is left is for Obsidian to start their own project with Chris Avellone in charge.

Ceterum censeo Kotaku delendam esse.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:19 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 54 time
It feels like a lot of old school style RPGs are in the making these days. Dead State, Age of Decadence and now this. Oh and there is also that rumor about a new Baldur's Gate. (but I was never crazy about Baldur's Gate)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections

Have thanks: 207 time
Babitz wrote:
This might be a turning point in the industry. The only thing that is left is for Obsidian to start their own project with Chris Avellone in charge.

Hate to break it to you, but.... yeah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:00 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 2 time
Unjolly Irishman wrote:
What is everyone opinion on this. This new one is being made by Brian Fargo's company inXile, and the first one was the precursor to the original Fallout. I never played the first one, but it looks fantastic for the time, and I hope the sequel can modernize the formula without ruining the core of Wasteland. They are going to take in community feedback into account and inXile got the band back together, by that I mean the important people from Wasteland 1 are back, including Fargo. It is also being funded though Kickstarter, the same website which funded Double Fine Adventure, so if you want to donate, you can.
You can find the Kickstarter page here to learn more and donate. Its currently made just over $750'000.

The video was just perfect. 'Fallout 3, I love that game' 'No we made fallout 1 and 2' 'There's a fallout 1 and 2?'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:21 pm 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
@genericforumguy
LOL! Yes, that and the part where he says "We should turn it into an FPS, and the developer replies: What about birds cannons as well?" are the best parts!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 pm 
Hitler Shitlord Babitz

Have thanks: 124 time
overpoweredginger wrote:
Babitz wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but.... yeah

If Obsidian bites the dust, I don't want to live in this world anymore. :(

also
http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/excl ... asteland-2

Quote:
GZ: We watched your Kickstarter video which was not only informative but humorous, how similar was that to the actual process of trying to get backing for Wasteland 2 before Kickstarter?

Brian Fargo: Every single comedy bit in that Kickstarter was taken from real meetings. I had people that have never heard of Interplay, or Publishers that were excited about the product who then subsequently never called me back but sent me Facebook game requests for the games they were playing. I told myself 'This guy won't return my calls, but he wants all this stuff from me on Facebook!' And even the red boots, we were in a meeting and they sent some junior guy who wanted to sit there for an hour and talk about the color and height of the boots! So this was all drawn from reality. I kid you not.

Ceterum censeo Kotaku delendam esse.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:00 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 246 time

Gameplay footage. I can't fucking wait for this game to come out. So I glad I am a backer on kickstarter, so I'll get the game for 15 dollars.

Page 1 of 4 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next