It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 451 of 453 [ 4522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453  Next
 Post subject: Re: What game ya'll playin'
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:39 pm 
hell knight

Have thanks: 246 time
He doesn't. It's always worth the wait though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
I finally beat God Hand. A game I originally bought on the PSN store, about 5 years ago. I think it's safe to call it the best beat em up ever. Extremely challenging, but always fair. No ******** gotcha moments, no repeating large sections when you die, just brutally honest challenges. The dodging is very unique in the genre too, and even though I don't think I ever mastered the forward dodge, I appreciated the depth it brought to the gameplay. I probably even missed out on a lot of the game's depth in general, due to me spamming moves when I should have been experimenting with combos. The game has an adaptive difficulty, where you rise to higher levels the better you do. I never even made it past the second level of 4, but hard mode allows you to play on the top level from the start. I can't imagine how hard that would be, but I might try it sometime. The moves are extremely cathartic to engage with

Post subject: Re: What game you playin'?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:52 pm 
VIP Member

Have thanks: 170 time
[quote="Gilgamesh"][quote="Proustiprune"]
Painkiller is boss, but Gene doesn't need to use no ***** weapons. He punches things into the stratosphere.

Some manly **** right there.

However manly Godhand may be I didn't manage to enjoy it much. It's a game I didn't play much but I both found it extremely hard and the kind of game that seemed to become stale quickly. Defeated opponents would constantly come back in some demonic form. Going through the patterns of fighting them got old fairly quickly. I do feel Godhand would make quite a good anime all the same.

I was an idiot back then. Proust was bang on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:16 am 
revenant

Have thanks: 36 time
I'm currently playing through Double Dragon Neon.

I have to say, this game is very underrated.
The gameplay is very fun, and the game's atmosphere is very cool. The soundtrack is very good as is the visual style.

The only negative I can think is that the level-up system requires a little bit of grinding. Also, the campaign could have been a little longer. The replayability increases if you restart it in a harder level, but more levels would be welcome. The game ends abruptly as it starts becoming addictive.

Overall, it's a worthy successor in probably the most iconic franchise of the beat-em up genre.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 am 
spectre

Have thanks: 34 time
I started Yooka-Laylee. I like it a lot so far! It's not as good as Banjo-Kazooie, but I like it more than Banjo-Tooie. I'll try to play it slowly to make it last, we don't get games like this often enough to waste it in a few days.

I also completed Snake Pass to 100%. The controls are gimmicky, but it's a good enough gimmick to sustain a small game like that. The atmosphere is fantastic, loved the art style and the soundtrack. I was very relaxing to explore the levels.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm 
revenant

I am also playing through Fallout New Vegas for the first time, and I like it a lot.

The problem is I have the Ultimate Edition and I interrupted the main game to play the Old World Blues DLC, and I think it's pretty terrible. In fact I can't stand it almost at all, and now it's been a while since the last time I played FNV, simply because I am stuck with Old World Blues.
What is your opinion on this DLC, people?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:01 am 
hell knight

I loved OWB but it needs its context.

To understand all the characters they are constantly referencing you need to complete the game and the DLC "Dead Money". Without it probably seems like some awful B-movie sci fi reference (which is exactly what it is) but I can see why it would seem utterly pointless without the context.

Reload an earlier save!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:53 pm 
revenant

HAHA,
I only keep one save in most of my games. It has become a habit and it has costed me many times. But I still can't get used to having more than one save.

Anyway, it isn't really the actual context that dissapoints me with OWB. It's mostly the fact that it's not an RPG. Most of the missions force you into combat. There are tons of Scorpions and Robots in every single mission, that you are required to kill in order to progress. There is literally no-one to have a conversation with besides the robot-scientists in the central base. It doesn't feel at all like a Fallout mission.

I have a very sofisticated character with 10 Charisma and 10 Intelligence, with 100% science, and speech. This is how I like to role-play Fallout games. Yet, in Old World Blues, I can't complete any mission with any of these skills. Only force and violence is the solution.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:25 pm 
hell knight

Yeah that's the biggest issue. It's fetch quests and go kill this quests.

It's very nice at the end though and exploring the area provides sooo much backstory on the characters. It's really really well done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:48 pm 
baron of hell

Have thanks: 266 time
Owb is my favourite.

Page 451 of 453 [ 4522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453  Next