It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 pm

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to asfm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!





 Page 2 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:25 am 
supreme adder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:02 am
Posts: 3400
Location: Addoria
Has thanked: 29 time
Have thanks: 249 time
ASFM Forum: The Bible is My Most-Hated Book


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:26 am 
revenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 am
Posts: 987
Has thanked: 54 time
Have thanks: 54 time
[quote="Proustiprune"]The King James translation of The Bible is one of the most important documents ever committed to paper...

As for me, most of the books I despise are easy targets; Fifty Shades, Twilight and the like. I also like to peruse local bookstores, and there are a good few young adult novels that revolted me so much after a couple of paragraphs that I had to put them down.

I have SPECIAL hatred for every piece of drivel that dreadful ******* of a hack Nicholas Sparks ever crafted. I am also hardly a fan of Paulo Coelho.

I'm kind of amazed that you actually took the time to read Fifty Shades...


_________________
How to Win an Argument (When You Know You Are Wrong)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:09 am 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 6027
Location: Your Mother's Basement
Has thanked: 117 time
Have thanks: 207 time
Proustiprune wrote:
Twilight
I blame the Mormons.



_________________
"I'm like an escalator because I can never break; I can only become stairs." - Mitch Hedberg
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:41 am 
pain elemental
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm
Posts: 594
Has thanked: 22 time
Have thanks: 48 time
Beef Wellington wrote:
I'm kind of amazed that you actually took the time to read Fifty Shades...

I tapped out after 5 pages.

My girlfriend read the whole thing, though. She says it is gut-bustingly hilariously bad. So much so that we might actually go see the movie when that abortion plops into our theaters.



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:42 am 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 6027
Location: Your Mother's Basement
Has thanked: 117 time
Have thanks: 207 time



_________________
"I'm like an escalator because I can never break; I can only become stairs." - Mitch Hedberg
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 am 
revenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 am
Posts: 987
Has thanked: 54 time
Have thanks: 54 time
This book was kind of terrible, though I would give the sequel a chance.



_________________
How to Win an Argument (When You Know You Are Wrong)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 am 
The Department of Penis Thread Corrections
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 6027
Location: Your Mother's Basement
Has thanked: 117 time
Have thanks: 207 time
Quote from one of the Amazon reviews: "It is very uncommon to find accurate depictions of dinosaur on woman ***." Oh, really?



_________________
"I'm like an escalator because I can never break; I can only become stairs." - Mitch Hedberg
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:58 am 
Hitler Shitlord Babitz

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:27 pm
Posts: 1503
Has thanked: 38 time
Have thanks: 124 time
Grace wrote:
I read half of The Fault in Our Stars. It was very bad. I like Looking for Alaska much more.
Why are you reading a book from a youtube "celebrity" in the first place.



_________________
Image

Ceterum censeo Kotaku delendam esse.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:47 am 
hell knight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:44 am
Posts: 2308
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 133 time
Babitz wrote:
Grace wrote:
I read half of The Fault in Our Stars. It was very bad. I like Looking for Alaska much more.
Why are you reading a book from a youtube "celebrity" in the first place.

Huh? Isn't John Green an established (though not very good) young adult author?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your most-hated book of all time
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am 
revenant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:27 pm
Posts: 837
Has thanked: 267 time
Have thanks: 74 time
Babitz wrote:
Grace wrote:
I read half of The Fault in Our Stars. It was very bad. I like Looking for Alaska much more.
Why are you reading a book from a youtube "celebrity" in the first place.


Because all my friends are doing it so if I don't do it I won't have any friends and my sole interactions will be with you guys not that y'all aren't great its just that I like have someone to sit with at lunch wait I don't even eat in the lunchroom



_________________
c: Hi, I'm a poop.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron

suspicion-preferred